Since its Inception of TRY activities and Programmes have been rooted in, and guided by, certain strategies for maximization of quality, effectiveness and impact.
- Maximizing the horizon of TRY with state-of-the-art thinking, developments, innovations and perspectives in the areas of Environment and Sustainable Development.
- Adaptability to different geographic, cultural, social and economic contexts.
- Partnerships utilizing complementary strengths of other organizations to avoid duplication of effort, and to network effectively for synergistic convergence of ideas and goals. TRY tries to ensure that its programmes do not re-invent the wheel.
- Developing programmes and materials to build on existing strategic opportunities and facilities for community .
- Encouraging and supporting other agencies in the field of development and community development to develop similar materials and programmes based on their specific needs and situations.
- Building synergies between Government, NGOs and TRY for comprehensive impact.
- Identifying key entry points for different thrust areas, and key targets for initiating and consolidating gains, to achieve a multiplier effect. Facilitating networks at local, national and regional levels, through a number of tools such as dialogues, directories, newsletters, etc.